Every year there is a new product that hits the headlines. Recently Vitamin D has become the focal point of numerous studies. The results are extremely encouraging!
Studies show that 61% of the UK population are deficient in Vitamin D. This number can rise to 87% in the winter months, which feels like most of the time in the UK! You may have noticed that our moods are always worse during the winter months and this is directly related to low Vitamin D levels. As we barely see any sunlight during this period, our body is receiving no Vitamin D from the Sun. Investing in a Vitamin D supplement between November and March would be extremely beneficial due to the following:
- Vitamin D is involved with over 2,000 genes, that's over 10% of the body.
- Makes the Immune system strong
- Helps keep hunger and cravings in check
- Increases Insulin sensitivity and decreases insulin resistance, which means it is great for preventing Diabetes
- Essential for Lean Body Mass, and avoiding the development of fat in the muscle cells
- Elevates serotonin levels, which is linked to mood
- Being used by health professionals to treat depression
- Essential for strong bones
- Used to treat osteoporosis
- Improves muscle function
- Improves muscle power development
- Associated with increased levels of testosterone
- People with low Vitamin D levels had higher levels of subcutaneous fat (fat under the skin) and abdominal fat
- Increases muscle strength
- Is not really a Vitamin but a hormone
''Something so simple -- vitamin D supplementation -- could improve the health status of millions and so becomes an elegant solution to many of our health problems today''