Thursday 21 April 2011

Philip Jeffreys- Marathon Man


My name is Philip Jeffreys - Duty Manager here at TSC since December - and I have recently run the London Marathon 2011. It was one of the most amazing days of my life, through all the hard training that you put in through those cold, rainy and snowy winter months, it is all worth it when you cross the line.  

Running the London Marathon was possibly the most rewarding experience of my life.  The support throughout the run was incredible - at every point I began to feel myself lagging, there they were, a troupe of Pancreatic Cancer supporters, shouting support and my name, waving, and smiling. This was exactly what was needed to make me pick my feet up again and keep going. The emotions that you go through from start to finish are the most incredible experience you will ever go through. At the start you will go through nervousness, excitement and the unknown – through to the finish where all the pain that has gently come on through the run, with the sun pounding on you with its heat, blisters on your feet, rubbing like crazy, to the amazement of joy when you come round the corner from Buckingham Palace and your running up the mall with only 385 yards to go, you find that extra energy to sprint across the finishing line and the happiness that it brings is out of this world.      

What a fantastic day, wouldn't have missed it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment