In our Kettlebell (KB) class today we used what we call 'ladders' to gradually work up into a more intense circuit.
Here is what we did:
- KB swings x 45seconds
- Single arm kettlebell row 45 seconds/side + KB Swings x 45
- Clean & Press x 45/side + Single arm row x 45/side + Swings 45
- Burpees x 45 + Clean & Press x 45/side + Single arm rows x 45/side + Swings 45
- Alternate Lunges x 45 + Burpees x 45 + Clean & Press x 45/side + Single arm rows x 45/side + Swings 45
- Pushups x 45 + Alternate Lunges x 45 +Burpees x 45 + Clean & Press x 45/side + Single arm rows x 45/side + Swings 45
This reduces rest time substantially. After a warm up it was non-stop work for 30 minutes, followed by a cooldown and stretch.
You can apply this form of training to a body weight workout, core work out, dumbells etc. It's a great way to utilise time if you train on your lunch break or if you have a busy shedule.
Why not come along to our Kettlebell classes for an intense workout for all abilities.
Alternatively, why not get a programme from a trainer for the gym or at home when you can't make it in.