Monday 2 May 2011

Oli's weekly training diary.

Most of the members in the gym are used to the TSC fitness team working them hard in classes or on a one-to-one level. This month, you will have the opportunity to see how they train and who inflicts a bit of physical pain on them!

Here is my training plan for this week, commencing Monday the 1st of May:

Monday - Upper body strength training:

1. a. Bench Press 6 sets of 3 reps
    b. Weighted wide grip Pullups 6 sets of 3 reps

2. a. Narrow grip Bench press 3 sets of 8 reps
    b. Narrow grip chinups 3 sets of maximum reps

3 a. Floor pressing 3 sets of 12 reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplOMMhWtxQ
   b. Recline Pullups 3 sets of Maxiumum reps

On all of the exercises I used the new piece of kit that we have at the gym called 'fat gripz'. This made all the pullups extremely challenging (Please see the below article).
I like to pair exercises. I do 'a' first, then 'b'. I rest a minute then go again. I use this for opposite muscle groups so that it doesn't affect my strength. It also keeps my heart rate up and helps with conditioning, as you are always on the move. It also saves time!

Tuesday - Swimming

I had a dip in the pool today. My muscles were sore from yesterday (especially my forearms after the work with the fat gripz). When I hit the pool i do a variety of strokes that help keep me fit for life gaurding. My workout consisted of:

4 laps - Breast stroke
4 laps - Front crawl
4 laps - Side stroke
4 laps - back stroke
4 laps - Side stoke
4 laps - Front crawl
4 laps - Breast stroke

Wednesday - Lower body Strength training:

1. Barbell back squats 1 x 20 reps

2. Barbell Front Squats 4 x 6 reps

3. Heavy weighted drag (I used a heavy chain) 3 sets dragging the chain 30-40 metres http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvrLddmZgdE&playnext=1&list=PL861D49B0B4F379B7

4. Wheel rollout 3 x 8 reps.

Thursday - Upper body strength training:

1 a.Barbell Press behind the neck 5 sets of 5 reps
   b. Scapula Pullups 5 sets of 5 reps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDq8VDCrM3Q&feature=related

2 a. Weighted dips 3 x maximum reps
   b. Incline curls 3 x 10 reps

3 a. Dumbell skullcrushers 3 x 10 reps
   b. Reverse curls 3 x 10 reps


Friday:

Teaching Spin - This always gets me sweating!

Saturday - REST!!!

Sunday - Power and Back training:

1. Barbell cleans 3 sets of 5 reps

2 a.Barbell deadlifts 4 x 6 reps
   b Dumbell farmers walk 4 x 40-50 metres

3 a.Barbell rows 3 x 10
   b. hanging leg raises 3 x 8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment